Aggregates are the most mined materials in the world. Aggregates are fragments of rock measuring 0.08 to 80 millimeters in diameters.
FMT Aggregate provides better access to quality construction aggregates and related products. FMT Aggregate has strategically partnered with domestic suppliers whose materials are of the highest quality. We strive to offer the highest quality aggregate material while offering industry leading customer service and support. FMT Aggregate and its transportation affiliate FMT Marine, offer the quickest and most economical method of transportation in the industry.
FMT Aggregate can benefit you with:
- Our competitive pricing
- Reliable supply of domestic aggregate
- Aggregate that meets DOTD and USACE Specifications
- Ability to provide material to your jobsite by truck from one of our many yards or by barge.
Construction aggregates of primarily crushed stone, sand and gravel have been used for foundations for thousands of years. At FMTA we offer these quality materials from natural deposits such as granite, limestone and trap rock.
Our quarry‘s process typically begins with drilling and blasting the rock into smaller pieces. Next, the material goes through various stages of crushing and screening to produce the sizes and specifications desired by our customers. They can also be mixed with a binder – either cements to make concrete or tar to make asphalt – and used in the manufacture of houses, structures and bridges.
Our construction aggregates are used in a number of ways, as a base material underneath highways, walkways, airport runways, parking lots and railroads and can also be used for flood control and hurricane protection.
Aggregates have three main functions:
- Support – Because of their strength – Their main quality is their strength, which explains why they are often used to provide support. Research into high performance and bituminous concrete has provided clear evidence that the strength limits of materials are those of the aggregates of which they are composed.
- Filing – Because they make mixtures more compact – Making the mixture more compact allows the range of specific uses to be diversified: drainage, weather/waterproofing, trenches, heat storage.
- Embellishment – Because of their aesthetic qualities – Sand gives surface treatments their brightness. Local chipping’s lend their specific colors to many different
types of concrete and concrete products: architectural, deactivated, brushed, tinted and stained concrete; interlocking concrete paving; industrialized concrete slabs and panels; road paving, etc.
Materials include: 610 Base, Limestone screenings (washed available), Ag Lime, 57’s, 67’s, 89’s, Rip-Rap (multitude of sizes), Synthetic Aggregate, Sand and Pump Sand.
Please inquire about the many other materials FMTA can provide.