At FMT Dry Cargo our goal is to move your cargo quickly and efficiently through the US Inland River System. Using our committed sales and operations team’s experience and dedication, FMT’s Dry Cargo division has developed into one of the largest inland marine service companies. FMT Dry Cargo proudly ships a variety of cargoes for its customers with one of the youngest towboat, open hopper and dry cargo fleets in the industry.
FMT Dry Cargo offers our customers a variety of shipping options to transport your cargo, depending on your company’s specific needs.
- Affreightment – This is our most economical option by moving your cargo within FMT Dry Cargo’s mainline systems.
- Unit Tows – Need your cargo moved quickly? FMT Dry Cargo has the capability of offering dedicated towboats and barges to transport your cargo directly from origin to destination, bypassing fleets and river interchanges.
- Barge and Boat Charters – FMT Dry Cargo offers long-term or short-term boat and barge charters based on your needs.
- Freight – Aggregate, Grain, Coal, Steel, Fertilizers, Ores, Project Cargo, Salt, Gypsum, Frac Sand, Clay Soils, and Synthetic Products
AREA OF OPERATIONS – RIVERS
- Lower Mississippi River
- Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway
- Upper Mississippi River
- Black Warrior River
- Ohio River
- Arkansas River
- Monongahela River
- Red River
- Allegheny River
- Ouachita River
- Illinois River
- Cumberland River
- Intracoastal Waterways from Brownsville, TX to St. Marks, FL
- Atchafalaya River
- Great Lakes from Calumet, IL to Burns Harbor, IN
- Tennessee River
Tom Vorholt, Senior VP Business Development
Kirk Landry, VP Government Affairs – Dry Cargo Sales
Chris Janssen, Freight Sales Manager
Timmy Callais, Operations manager